Top Student Obtain 7 Distinctions

img-20190104-wa0000-2.jpg

Rachel Tsetsewa, a student from  Ribane-laka Secondary School in Mamelodi East, could not contain her excitement after she obtained 7 distinctions and got 96% -Life Orientation, Accounting-90% and Life Sciences-89%. Others were disappointed when they found out their unanticipated results.

“I’m really excited and also surprised that I got all 7 distinctions. I wasn’t expecting this because I didn’t do well in June, my marks we really low and I started working hard to be able to pass”.

She added that she’ll be studying Accounting Sciences at University Of Pretoria. According to Basic Education Minister, Angie Motshekga, the 2018 matric results has improved by 3.1 percent from the 75.1 % achieved in 2017. Motshekga announced on Thursday, 03 January 2019, the 2018 overall pass rate including progressed pupils stands 78.2%.

Gauteng education MEC Panyaza Lesufi has been congratulated for his contribution to the province’s 87.9% matric pass rate. Gauteng has the highest matric pass rate in the country.

By: Fortunate Machaba